If you are selling your car:
You must provide the License Plate Receipt from DMV
You must provide Proof of Vehicle Disposal, such as a Bill of Sale, Junk Yard Receipt, Vehicle Total Loss Letter from Insurance Co., Out of State Registration
According to CT DMV, for purposes of selling your vehicle privately, the seller of a motor vehicle may draft his/her own bill of sale as long as it contains the following information:
- Vehicle information such as, make, year, model, vehicle identification number, and an odometer reading.
- Buyer information, such as name and address of buyer, and buyer’s signature.
- Seller information, such as name and address of seller, and seller’s signature.
- Selling price and date sold.
- Click here for a blank 757-DMV-Bill-of-Sale form.